TSH Normal, Borderline High FT4, experiencing symptoms (not diagnosed). Help Much Appreciated!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone

I've been lurking here for a few days because I feel like I've been having symptoms of an overactive thyroid. I have also been struggling with health anxiety and I am about 3 weeks into Zoloft treatment (Male, 22).

After having three separate wisdom teeth surgeries all throughout the month of October, I've developed abnormal symptoms that I've never really experienced before. It first started with IBS that I was given PPI's for (which don't feel as effective as they once were). I would also feel these internal vibrations and buzzing feelings all throughout my body, that would wake me up in the middle of the night (this insomnia still persists). I then developed heart palpitations and a bounding pulse that would make my body feel like it was shaking. Eventually, in early November, I had a panic episode that a couple of days that would oscillate in intensity; sometimes it would be crippling, other times I would just feel really anxious.

Symptoms I've been having lately:

• Shortness of Breath (for instance, after climbing up stairs)
  • Sore throat, dry couch, mucus, weird tight feeling when swallowing (still able to swallow)
  • Light-headed and Dizzy (especially after long walk or exercise)
  • Feeling of Muscle Weakness and quick Muscle fatigue
  • Muscle Twitches
  • Migraines
  • Jaw Pain (probably from the Zoloft and jaw clenching)
  • Neck and Shoulder pain
  • Joint Pain
  • Heart Palpitations (easily visible through my clothing)
  • Bounding Pulse felt all over my body
  • Excessive sweating and bad BO (sometimes get heat flashes)
  • Hair Shedding
  • Random attacks of feeling anxious, nervous, jittery
  • My eyes aren't intensely blood shot but have been red for so long + visual disturbances + left eye twitching on and off

Attached below are my test results for TSH , T4, and anything else I thought might be helpful. I'm somewhat concerned because my T4 is borderline high and I guess my TSH is fluctuating. I've also been VitD deficient for quite some time. I am not looking for a diagnosis, I am solely

I've come here because I've seen a lot of the helpful replies from this community and I am really desperate for help. My psych has diagnosed me with General Anxiety Disorder and my docs keep brushing this off as anxiety. I've experienced anxiety for many years and it has never manifested itself in this way, so I am very sceptical. I am assuming that high acute stress and poor diet from my surgery might have something to do with this. **I was wondering whether I should push for another T4 test at urgent care, as my GP only wants to look at TSH? Also, I was hoping for advice on supplements and other vitals I should be looking at that might help me get to the bottom of this? **Sorry for the long post and thank you so much! ❤️

Test Results:

07/21/20

TSH [0.35-4.00] : 3.39 mclU/mL

Vitamin D (25-Hydroxy D3) [30-100]: 24 ng/mL

Ferritin[25-336]: 78 ng/mL

9/25/20

Vitamin D (25-Hydroxy D3) [30-100]: 32 ng/mL

11/24/20

TSH: 1.33 mclU/mL

T4: 1.4 ng/dl

Sodium [135-145] : 139 mEq/L

Potassium [3.5-5.0] : 4.5 mEq/L

Chloride [101-111]: 102 mEq/L

CO2 [21-31]: 26 mEq/L

Creatine Kinase [<=398]: 61 U/L

Fasting Glucose [70-99]: 91mg/dL

12/22/20

TSH: 1.73 mclU/mL

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.