TSH problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone, today was my checkup day, n my blood test shown, T4 was in range ,16 , normal range between 11-20, but unfortunately, my tsh are above the range that was 25, the normal range between. ( 0.3- 4) , my doc was confuse why my tsh are high, im also worried about that, he started try to stop my methimazole, my simptom are almost likely jad gone, but my floating sensation & lightheadedness, does not gone since my thyroid was diagnose,since 3 months ago, who have the situation same as me?? tsh are shown to be hipo but my t4 normal,?? ad whyyy my simptom like palpitation and lightheadednesss are not cure yett??, what im gonna do?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did they check t3? I had normal t4 and high t4 when I was diagnosed. And that was a pattern throughout. Also you can get palpitations with hypothyroid too. When I was overmedicated I told my nurse I was getting serious palpitations which were diagnosed as atrial flutter/fibrillation. And she says hypo can cause that too. There is a lot of cross over symptoms. I would advise getting the t3 checked and if your doctor advises, coming off meds and seeing what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.