TSM(The Sinclair Method

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband is taking Naltroxene and practicing the Sinclair Method. He is supposed to be abstinent from alcohol but can't get the meds if he tells his dr that he is trying the Sinclair Method because his dr does not believe in it. So my question is this....He is a pretty heavy drinker 12-18 12oz Bud Ice a day when he started. He has since switched to Bud Light and is now drinking 12-14 12oz per day of those. He started the Sinclair Method almost 2 months ago, should he be drinking less than that? Anyone that can give me some guidance, I would appreciate it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie. Welcome from the USA I assume since you are using ounzes. Most here are in the UK and man people have used or are using TSM but i am not one. So sorry, but i never used any medication when i stopped. Others are better qualified than me and i feel certain that you will lots of replies soon😁. Best of luck Robin

• Posted

Hi Julie,

This treatment only needs one drink to release the endorphins that the naltrexone blocks. Therefore, as soon as your husband hears the signal that he has had enough, then that is when he should work to interrupt his drinking. He can always have another drink later if he feels the urge to drink again, but he is really looking to stop as soon after the 'one and done' as he possibly can.

It sounds like you might be in America and if so, please google C Three Foundation. On there, you will find lots of practical information about how to work this treatment, but also a list of doctors who do fully understand the treatment. It might be a good idea for him to consider if switching this prescription to a doctor who understands The Sinclair Method would be beneficial for him.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.