Tuberculosis Test

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am female aged 40 years, Indian national staying in UAE for last 10 years. Every 3 years for getting a residense visa I need to undergo medical tests to check for any infectious disease. So many years I have done tests, never faced any problem. Unfortunately very recently when I had to undergo X-ray they found some spot in my chest & suspected for TB. As instructed by health authorities I had to undergo skin test, IGRA blood test & Sputum test. Skin test & IGRA blood test has come negative. Moreover sputum test is also negative. Only test left is sputum culture test result which they said will take 42 days. I had submitted my sputum last month. I had checked yesterday for any developments with the authorities as they said you could check after 15 days post sputum submital. The result was still not available & they told to wait till end of this month for final result as 42 days will be completed. In last 6 months or may be more I never had any TB symptoms such as headache, fever, fatigue, weight loss, cough etc. I am very much worried about the final outcome which will decide whether I could continue staying in UAE or not. Can you please advice what are the chances of the test outcome. Is it possible that I am infected.

Your reply will help to release my anxiety & educate other friends in such incidents.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Shirish! I would just like to ask what happened with your case? Because my sister is also experiencing what you had gone through before. She worked as a dental nurse 5 months ago but had to resign and transfer to a different medical facility. Now that she already has a new job, of course, she has to undergo a medical test. With this, the trouble came in. She was asked to repeat her chest xray. She was told that 2 of the 3 doctors said the result was negative but the other one wanted her to undergo the sputum test. The first 2 samples she gave were negative. However, same as yours, the result of the third and last sample would take 42 days. It's just so stressful knowing that my sister haven't had any TB symptoms, in fact as I mentioned earlier, she was already working 5 months ago. What adds to our stress is that there is only a specific period of time for an employer to process an employee's residence visa and this can only be done if a fit medical result will be released. 

Your reply will be really appreciated.

• Posted

Hi there, I hope you can help me ease my mind. I am now dealing with the situation that you have dealth before, i did my medical and to make it short, they ask me to wait for 42 days.  I have now the questions, after youve done the 42 days did you get the FIT certificate? Is there a chance that I will be deported? I never had Tb or pneumonia and in mu previous medical i am fit only this time I got this issue and I would really appreciate your response. Thanks and Godbless
  • Posted

Hi there, I hope you can help me ease my mind. I am now dealing with the situation that you have dealth before, i did my medical and to make it short, they ask me to wait for 42 days.  I have now the questions, after youve done the 42 days did you get the FIT certificate? Is there a chance that I will be deported? I never had Tb or pneumonia and in mu previous medical i am fit only this time I got this issue and I would really appreciate your response. Thanks and Godbless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.