TUMERIC?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am wondering if anyone has tried tumeric capsules for ibs? I have heard it is effective from google but would rather hear people’s experiences if they have tried it?

TIA x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That’s something to discuss with doctor about I never tried it I have heard of but has a lot of side effects. 
  • Posted

I wouldn’t use it for IBS, it has been known to cause side effects, including upset stomachs and diarrhoea and dizziness. (People with IBS have enough problems as it is).  It may also cause problems with heart rhythm (which has been reported as such) and it may interfere with natural clotting process of blood (if you cut yourself or if you are going in for any surgery).

I once thought about taking it and changed my mind once I’d researched it.

• Posted

Hey guest, I use Turmeric in its natural form not the capsule one...I use turmeric when I have cold and flu, Because it has good antibacterial and antioxident properties, As well as we can use it when we have cut or anything to use as antiseptic....I have not tried it for IBS....One thing helped me in my IBS to eat healthy and eat in small portions, I eat 7 times in a day including lunch and dinner....which helps my gut to digest whatever I eat properly.
  • Posted

I've used tumeric capsules along with probiotics with the help of my nutritionist and I've had no problems. I had to quit though since I developed reflux symptoms and the medicines for that interact with tumeric.

• Posted

I have been using it for a few months to help with my disgestive health in capsules form i take it twice a day with food.is good for a lot of health problems 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.