Tumeric supplement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone tried a tumeric supplement and had problems with it? Its supposed to help with ibs and digestion but is it helpful for gastritis? I have researched online and ckuldnt find a link for tumeric and gastritis..it takes several weeks to see any benefits but i feel like it causes more issues, i feel like its aggravating my gallbladder...i apparently dont have gallbladder problems because i had an abdominal ultrasound that was clear but ive had gallbladder like pain and i heard you could have gallbladder issues without evidence of stones and even clear ultrasounds..but of course doctors dont think you have a problem unless they see stones!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

A HIDA scan will show problems with gallbladder function. Ultrasounds only show problems with stones or sludge.

• Posted

despite having pain that was consistent with gallbladder pain , a hida scan wasnt mentioned they just let it go because there were no stones. Doctors dont do hida scans until the patient has been having gallbladder pain for like 2 years. I could ask for one i guess

• Posted

Anna ,

When I started with gallbladder pain my ultrasound showed a polyp . Which the Dr. didnt think it was a big deal . My pain continued do i went back and asked if there was any other test that I could take and it was the Hida scan . Thank goodness i had the test because it showed that my

gallbladder was not functioning correctly. Then I had the surgery . From the time my pain started to the time I had the test maybe 2 months . So am not sure where you got that you have to wait 2 years . I would be very persistant . Good luck to you .

• Posted

Hi anna28284

Have you tried L-Glutamine it is recommended for helping with IBS and gut problems in general.....research L-Glutamine and IBS.....

• Posted

Hi anna28284

Yes do! it may help.....you can buy it in powder form and put it in a fruit drink or smoothie...let us know if it helped....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.