Tummy Bug?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi for the last couple of days my abdomen has been very tender to the touch. I have a lot of wind and cramps which are painful. Feel slightly nauseous. What can I take to help the pain and gas? Are there any tummy viruses doing ghe roundsI Live in North London. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Do you have IBS or are these symptoms completely new?  I'm not aware of any stomach bugs going about. I live in Eastbourne.

• Posted

Hi.Yes I do have IBS but I dont usually get these cramps.. that's why I was wondering? having said that I have a lot of mucous in my stools.. and am constipated (small round pellets) sorry if too much info. My tummy feel so tender.

• Posted

The symptoms you are getting are those of an IBS flare up.  Symptoms can change over time.  A tender stomach, mucus, constipation with small pellets and cramps are all IBS symptoms.  Cramps are a major part of irritable bowel.  Symptoms can feel like a stomach bug.  I had all these symptoms except for the mucus and I put it down to an infection. It turned out I had IBS.

Symptoms vary from person to person.  If you are on an antipsasmodic, take them for a few days with Ibruprofen to get you through your flare up.  If you haven't been prescribed anything, try over the counter Buscopan which is effective for me.  

If you have had any recent stress, it may have triggered your symptoms.  Stress always sets mine off

• Posted

Thank you Pippa.Much appreciated info. And yes, quite a but of stress lately...
  • Posted

I use fennel tea and seeds with veg cooking, also chamomile cardamon pods cloves which help with digesting. Some swear by peppermint, not for me though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.