tummy issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

Need some advice please, Ive been going by the 5g rule religously but Im having terrible trouble with passing wind and the orange oil.. its got to the point Im scared to go out at the moment. I have been very good with what Im eating too, any ideas as to what could be causing this.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Have you had any food cooked in oil? what have you been eating since before it started? x
    • Posted

no, nothing cooked in oil..  Ive been eating mainly salads, low fat crackers and fruit
    • Posted

are the crackers under 5g? have you had any butter? it would be unusual to have the side effects without eating high fat foods well foods over 5g
  • Posted

I'm very careful too and have been on them for 5 months. I've never had the orange oil but I do sometimes get the terrible wind. You need an understanding partner! I just assume that something I've eaten hasn't played nicely with the tablets and am cheered to get a physical symptom that they are working (apart from the weight loss, that is).
  • Posted

Im having to make the difficult choice of stopping the Orlistat,  for 3 days now I have been having major toilet issues although Im not eating anything over the 5g rule.  Came to a head tonight whilst I was at b&q with the hubby..  nearly got caught short and ended up in tears.  Im now too scared to go out incase of accidents.  This will cause major problems when I go back to work as a dinner lady in a couple of weeks.  So.. Im still going to stick to the 5g rule and eat more healthily, just not going to take Orlistat.  Does anyone know how long it takes to leave your system.

• Posted

I think it's about 3 days . Are you sure you not got a bug or something xx
    • Posted

Dont think so,  apart from this problem I feel fine.. Im going to go back to the docs and get some advice.
    • Posted

probably best very odd to have this if your not eating fat. When did you start them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.