Tummy muscles a year + later....help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, hope you are all doing well?

I had a total hysterectomy 15 months ago, I feel great in myself but can't get my tummy muscles back to normal, they just seem all floppy and it doesn't matter what exercises I do they remain floppy eek, I have to wear sloggi support pants to control things eekeek!, I never had to wear this kind of thing before, anyone found the same problem or is it just me? and any suggestions on exercises would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Phoebe x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Phoebe look at Michelle Kenways site she is a physio and very helpful videos on the site x
    • Posted

not sure you may be able to message her, otherwise get in touch with a good physio to see if they can give you excersises to help x
    • Posted

Thanks Lesley............it's just so annoying, I'm not the slimmest of folk I know but my tummy has always been ok'ish confused, I try not to look in the mirror too much.
    • Posted

Oh Phoebe you are lovely I am sure and we worry more than others do, I bet all your friends and family dont even notice x
  • Posted

i'm the other way (tummy wise) my tummy is rock hard and sometimes painful from feeling tight. I am slim so when i get any swelly belly it actually pulls the skin and feels horrid.  
    • Posted

Hi neverstaystill, yes my tummy was like yours to begin with, I don't get 'swelly belly' per se though at the end of the day it's similar, this is similar to after you have given birth it's just floppy and horrible rolleyes, I can pull my tummy in, you know, as if you are trying to do up a pair of trousers that are a little tight, and have been doing these types of things but it makes no difference at all and  I have to wear the sloggi's to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.