Tumor fears are back- someone help

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an mri about a week ago but have had no results. Today i had a letter saying that i need to go back to have another mri for: pituitary with gadolinium.

What does this mean? And are pituitary tumors dangeous and can they kill you.

Im sorry for the questions but now im extremley scared

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi I always worry I have a tumor cuz had headaches recently but I'm sure you have nothing to worrie about if they found something they would of phoned and told you it's probably just for a full check or something and if you had s bad tumor that was goin to kill you would have serious disability problems such as memory problems weakness in the body and other things I'm sure your ok smile
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.. Thats the problem thoughi have been having problems with my arm and leg for a while. So now its definitely going to be bad whatever this is that thwy will find.
    • Posted

No it doesnt always mean your goin to have a tumor and your arm and leg could related to something else what have you been having wrong with your leg and arm? And what was the reason for having your nri
    • Posted

My arm started to feel weak and like it didnt want to work, and then my leg is the same but i sometimes have a pain in my leg especially when i sit or lay down. They sent me for an mri the first time to reassure my brain tumour fears as i was having headaches which subsided. But now of corse the have returned.
  • Posted

well try and stay positive for now if they found something they are more than likely to phone you and tell you and if your worried about this letter for another scan give the hospital and phone and ask them about it but im sure its just a routine check have you spoken to your parents about this as you only look young same as me im olny 20 but maybe having a chat with your parents will help put your mind at rest 
    • Posted

ive found out why they have sent me. on the mri it showed that everything else was fine, but my pituitary gland is bigger than what it should be. now im scared of it being cancer as my symptoms are weird. i have a docs appointment at 2:30 so hopefully they will do some blood tests
    • Posted

ok try not to worry yourself im sure its not cancer as cancer would grow a tumor rather than making your pituitary gland swell with this type of thing in the brain they can also pick stuff up from blood tests dont wait for them to offer them to you demand for them to be done just say that your really concerned about this and i would like some blood tests done to rule out cancer if thats what your worried about smile then im sure they will do something about it for you and im sure they will tell you that it is not cancer just say to the doctor do you no the reason for why my pituiitary gland is swelled up and they will give you some reasurrance so ask for blood tests and if they say that it is not nessary then say that im not happy with that i really want it done for peice of mind then they will do it and ask about why its swelledsmile xx 
    • Posted

okay so i went to the doctors and spoke to someon ewho was very detailed. he said that tomorrow i have to go in for blood tests to check my thyroid and glucose levels. i he asked if i had any concerns or worries so i said cancer. he then said that they are in the process of checking out for all the nasty things first. he said he wasnt concerened about anything serious as it wouldve shown on eye tests, and on my normal mri. im still worried that it could be cancer but i guess nothing can be done.
    • Posted

take your doctors advice im sure theres nothing to worrie about sounds like you are having the same blood tests as me which test for liver kidneys anemia diabetes and tyroid im sure you will be ok when is your hospital appointment?
    • Posted

My next mri is the 18th of feb. If camcer was there would it be shown in blood test? Like would it change the thyroid level? Sorry im just worried about this
    • Posted

no your fine im here to listen and help hun and brain tumors usually cant be detected by blood but cancer of the gland where your are talkin about can show up things in your blood and if you have cancer the red and white blood count would be different i think im sure you have nothin to worry about and im sure you dont have cancer just wait for you blood which are tomorrow arent they? you will then have a follow up with your doctor when you have had your bloods a week later n they will let you no smile im waitin on my blood results find out next wednesday and when you have had your other mri your mind will be put at rest sure you will be ok cancer causes growths not inflammed that may just be normal for it to be like that for you everyone is different here if you need a chatsmile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.