Turbinates and congestion

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've read a lot of stuff on treatments (surgery and putting some kind of hot thing up your nose procedure).

I'm apprehensive cause I don't like being cut, poked etc. I'm also a big baby. Some threads suggest the healing it relatively quick. However, I use a CPAP and wonder how it will affect healing.

Ironically, the CPAP pressure allows my nasal passages to stay open. This is similar to the way pressure keeps the area in the back of my throat open, sort of like one of those blow up jumpy houses for kids at parties, etc. Along the same lines, over many years of using a CPAP, whenever I get a cold with congestion, the CPAP has the same affect, reducing the stuffy head feeling.

At this point, after loosing 80 lbs, I think I'm ready to stop using the CPAP. However when I lie down, my nasal area is restricted. If I can get the turbinates taken care of, it might allow me to say goodbye to the CPAP.

Has anyone else experienced what I have?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.