Turmeric and Eliquis

Posted , 2 users are following.

While vacationing in Oregon with my son, I noticed swelling and inflammation around my ankles, particularly my left ankle that typically remains swollen due to a complex fracture 25+ years ago. My son suggested I try turmeric to reduce the swelling, so I took about a teaspoon full of turmeric powder and iced the areas last night before going to bed.

This morning the swelling and inflammation were markedly reduced and I was impressed with the results. However, when I checked for interactions on my drug list on Drugs.com, a “minor interaction” was reported with Eliquis.

I normally take Synflex, a liquid Glucosomine/chondritin formula to treat joint pain, but have not taken it since leaving home a week ago which may explain the unusual ankle swelling.

Looking for feedback from anyone taking turmeric for inflammation, especially those on anticoagulants.

Regards,

Patrick

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I take very large doses of turmeric daily and am taking rivaoxiban,no interaction at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.