TURMERIC CAPSULES Day 1

Posted , 8 users are following.

I Only joined the group a few days ago but have suffered with this hideous condition since my late teens, I'm 46 now and like most of us I expect , I've tried just about everything, paid over a small fortune chasing this miracle and that cure! All with no success ! 

After joining this group I started reading about peoples success with Turmeric capsules and how relatively cheap they are! I went along to my local Holland & Barret store today and they had a jar of 100 x 400mg capsules for £9.99 I think or £9 something AND it's currently 2 jars for £10 !!!  An offer not to be missed I thought! 

I have several aliens at the moment (do you guys call them that?) that are extremely stubborn and just keep refilling, oozing, bleeding appearing to clear up and then starts again so I'm thoroughly fed up, GP has just changed my anti.b from LYMECYCLINE to Co-Amoxiclav which is worse than useless and I'm also using a topical anti.b Clyndamicin phosphate lotion. 

I thought it might be interesting to post the results as I get further into treatment with the Turmeric and let others know how successful or not I am! 

Louise xxlolquestion

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Please do let us know how it goes. I will be trying it soon too!
  • Posted

Good luck with the turmeric Louise. I really hope it works for you. I've heard a lot of success  stories.  I've tried it before but, along with all the other lotions and potions, I kept forgetting to take them. If you like to eat spicy food, you can buy termuric powder and add it to your curries. 

Ive very recently been following the dukan diet, cutting down on carbs Eg bread, pasta, potatoes etc. Cut out sugar  (which is also found in fruit) and fats and upped my protein intake and (touch wood) the gremlins, I also call them aliens 😄, have not reared their ugly little heads so often. I've stopped eating tomatoes as well, as I seem to have a flare up soon afterwards. Pleased to say I've lost almost two stone as well. 

• Posted

Like you I only recently joined.  My doctor has called my condition folliculitis & is treating it for rosacea. I've had it for about 6 years & I'm in my sixties.  At the moment I've had a severe flair up as the doc is trying different medication. I have heard that tumeric is helpful & would be more than interested to see how you cope.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Louise

It was very interesting to read your post on turmeric capsules - how are you getting on with them?

Im a 59 year old woman who has had this awful condition for more than 40 years now!! It was only diagnosed 4 years ago and I have been taking Lymecycline 408mg capsules evry day since. I still suffer now and again (mainly when I'm stressed) and they seem to come in clusters - theres never just one.

I've just been diagnosed with moderate hearing loss and have had to be fitted for hearing aids (what it is to get old!). The audiologist said that some medications can increase the risk of hearing loss and when he heard that I had been taking antibiotics for more than 4 years, he assured me that they wouldn't be working now anyway as my body will have got used to them.

I've had various surgeries (the worst one being a mastectomy bought on by this disease) and am seriously considering stopping the antibiotics and "see what happens".

Can anyone advise if this is a sensible thing to do or should I see my doctor first?

Thanks for listening

Carole x

• Posted

Hi Carole, I have seen a Consultant Dermatologist in the past and he prescribed LYMECYCLINE and the CLINDAMYCIN Phosphate topical lotion. He also wrote to my GP and explained that the most effective way to manage the condition at the time was to switch the antibiotic about every 3 months and use mostly the Tetracycline's like LYMECYCLINE & Minacycline (which I can't tolerate) so my GP switches me between LYMECYCLINE, Co-Amoxiclav , Augmentin and takes my lead as of when to swap as it's usually when they start popping up again but I've never been able to get rid of it completely! Until now, and even now I'm looking out for them all the time! 

I think your Audiologist was probably right about the antibiotic not working but I would advise you to see your GP before stopping altogether, I'm surprised you still get the prescription for the LYMECYCLINE this long into treatment!  You could ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist and see what they advise? 

Good luck & take care xx

• Posted

Would be great to find a herbal alternative to anti-biotics!! Please let us know how you get on! Good luck wishing you all the best!!
  • Posted

Hi everyone and thank you for all your interest in my trial with Turmeric Capsules! 

I have taken them twice a day, one with breakfast and one with evening meal , since day 1 . Within a couple of days I started to notice my arms beginning to heal, when my HS is flaring I also have nasty sores all over my arms too! I carried on using the topical antibiotic CLINDAMYCIN phosphate and taking my antibiotic Co-Amoxiclav which weren't really doing anything anyway! I did get a further two aliens rear their heads but very rapidly came up ruptured and healed and as I type this I have NONE! My arms are also healing, almost completely! I have been suffering with awful insomnia too never sleeping more than 2 hours a night and having to nap in day but oddly since a week into the Turmeric I've been sleeping ! I now get 5 or 6 hours a night! 

I can only report what has happened and I can't tell you why it works but it's the only new thing in my daily regime so I can only think it is the Turmeric , when I've been all clear for about a month I'll drop the antibiotics and see what happens but we all know how useless they can be most of the time! 

I am taking the Turmeric capsule with warm water which I saw in the post I read originally and I've noticed if I've been caught out and used cold water I get a bit of indigestion! 

I will keep you all posted on my progress! 

Take care all xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.