Turmeric for gastritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am trying turmeric powder. Result seems better than any other option.

Many might think it will cause irratation, but so far I have stop taking antacid , Ppi. But not sure the long term if it reallg can cure?

I believe my problem due to inflamation. Turmeric had bee  proveen with many resarch study.

Anyone trying turmeric?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm surprised people are telling you that it will cause irritation as Turmeric is a well known anti inflammatory. Will it cure? to be honest I doubt it, but if it is effective at stopping the gas problem then I guess that means it's better than nothing. A lot of people take turmeric and curcumin (an ingredient of turmeric) as a general health supplement so it is a tried and tested supplement. Someone earlier (perhaps on another forum) mentioned green tea as working really well for her. I haven't personally tried it because I'm not too keen on all the fluoride that comes with green tea but if fluoride doesn't scare you you can always give it a go. I think there might be a link between polyphenols and SRB (the bacteria causing our problems) and I know that green tea has a particularly high polyphenol content. I say 'I think' because I think I remember reading about the link but can't find anything at the moment. It would probably be easier just to try some grean tea and see if that also helps.
    • Posted

I am no longer dependent on the turmeric after making just two minor alterations to my daily routine. I have cut out the high sulphur foods which was easy when I found a coprehensive list of low sulphur foods. Apparently SRBs derive their energy from Sulphur.  And the other thing I have done is to skip breakfast and have larger meals with bigger gaps in between. I have a large meal at around midday, another one at 4ish and then my final one at around 10:00pm. In other words I have cut out the snacking while maintaining the same input of calories. This may effect your mood as the bacteria have a direct hotline to our brains via the vagus nerve but as far as I am concerned, I don't care too much for their happiness as they have made enough problems for me as it is. I hope this helps for you too smile
  • Posted

I chose to soothe my gastritis with turmeric as well. I didn't take any of my prescription meds because of the possible side effects. I have also Bern taking mastic gum once a day and I almost feel like my normal self. I'm definitely sticking to the acid reflux diet for a while longer just to be safe.
    • Posted

I have had 3 month of omperazole, month of something that begins with p ( same sort of acid blocker med) now 2 months ranitidine and month of lansparozol ( or something like that) I have no acid reflux just bad gas, constant glugging, Intermitent bloating, bruised pain after alcohol. Was diagnosed mild gastric by endoscope. These tablets do absolutely nothing, yet seems most of uk prescribed them! After 4 months what are my chances of them being effective. Bin them and try turmeric,?? Thanks
    • Posted

I see you used mastic gum for your gastritis. Did it irritate your stomach? I kind turmeric did you use. Do it come in a bottle? 
  • Posted

The prescription of these meds to me feels like a way to get u out of Drs surgery for a couple of months! Don't come back again until you have finished them. Ahh that's rid of her for another 2 months!
    • Posted

Lol yes, lucy91054 that's exactly how I feel.
  • Posted

What is turmeric suppose to do! Can you get tablets or do you need the powder!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.