Turmeric for Lichen planus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered badly from skin LP nearly for 6 months..my both hands, legs and back was covered with LP. I was taking allergy meds but avoided steroids... The LP healed after about 6 months and left me with scars all over body... i started using turmeric paste for scars... after a period of two months my LP returns but I continued using turmeric paste and i also started applying coconut oil also... this time LP does not spread to entire hands also it healed with a short spam i.e. 1-1/2 month and no itching i experienced... I also take Milk and turmeric daily at night...I believe that Turmeric help me to control my LP and coconut oil helped to stop the itch.. hence thought to share it with you all...god bless you all.... 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations Pooja,

Yes, there is growing evidence that Turmeric and Coconut Oil can be helpful against LP and various other forms of atopic dermatitis. The growing belief is that the bacteria Staphylococcus Aureus may be causing or contributing to these diseases, and both Turmeric and Coconut Oil are known to have antibiotic properties that can combat this bacteria.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience!

Greg.

• Posted

Hi 

I am also suffering LP for the last 6 months. It has been an awful scary journey . How are your scars ? A lady who suffered from LP on and off , told me exfoliating is the key, she has no marks after 6 months . Is this your first time? How are your scars? 

• Posted

Yes, it would be interesting to hear how Pooja is doing after a few months of treatment with turmeric.

Just so that you know it IS possible to get rid of that thick scar tissue they call Lichen, I have done it thanks to St. John's Wort capsules taken over a 5-6 month period. St. John's Wort is believed to have some skin regenerating properties, and I believe this is why my scars dissappeared slowly but surely. I have now been free from the disease for over 4 years.

Regards,

Greg.

• Posted

Hi Greg

Thank you for you  post . I hope you do not mind answering some questions . I am so distraught about LP . How many times have you had it ? How long did your episode last ? How long the scars last ? Are you dark or light skin ? I am Latina so I am not light and I fear hyper pigmentation. How did your deal with the itching and when the rash was active ? Did you use PUVA ( light  therapy) topical steroids ? 

Thank you for replying 

• Posted

I had a combination of LSC/LP on my legs for 20 years. From time to time, it was only on one leg and would alternate to the other; and just before I found a cure with St. john's Wort capsules, it was on both, extremely itchy and with suppurating wounds. Overall, I accepted the suffering all those years because prescribed creams hardly provided any relief; so I quit them almost at the beginning. Yes, sun exposure (UV) and sea water baths were very helpful when I had a chance to expose my skin; I would often have a remission for several months when that was the case. 

I don't believe skin pigmentation matters much with this disease. It is apparently about Staph bacteria that colonize your skin where it is damaged. So using any product that will combat those bacterias and help heel the skin should give you a chance to be cured. After I started taking St. John's Wort, it took 6 weeks to get rid of the symptoms, and 5-6 months for all the scars to dissappear. My skin now shows no sign Inhave ever had LSC and LP.

I hope this helps,

Greg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.