Turned down on PIP

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello, can anyone help, my husband was on DLA for life, however when I reported his conditions had worsened,mew were advised to go for PIP. My husband scored nil points!

i was devastated, as he has front local brain damage and severe ulcerative pan colitis. 

The colitis he has had for over 40 years and is classed as high risk of bowel cancer. He cannot go out due to his pain and toilet needs.

his brain damage has worsened since he was assaulted as he realises his own errors and the frustration has changed the man I married.

he is unable to drive and is unable to plan. He gets lost if he goes out and he is unable to remember  what he has said or done 5 minutes previous.

the assessor put down the exact opposite of what we told her and hence he scored nil points.

i am going to the tribunal to explain how difficult his life is and how he finds each day a massive ordeal to get through.

has any one got any ideas of what evidence to take and what to tell them as my husband does not wish to go as he finds it difficult to remember what to say, also if the toilets are not close by he could have an accident.

he is suffering from high blood pressure, dizziness, blackouts and is a danger to himself and others. He forgets if he has pur the oven on and is unable to smell or taste, due to the brain damage and could set the house on fire.

i don't know where to go to ensure he gets what he is entitled to.

i have matched him to the PIP descriptors in the letter of appeal but the decision still came back nil points as they believed the assessor who said the opposite of what she was told.

what is wrong with this PIP system?

we know people who do not have the difficulties my husband has each day but get enhanced PIP for both care and mobility!

please help if you know what's the best way forward.

thanks

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Appeal

i have trouble concentrating so not sure if you haveasked for reconsideration or not  but do this then appeal. the tribunal is not half as scary as you imagine I took my mum husband and an elderly chap from cab with me and it was ok. and that comes from some one with anxiety who rarely leaves the house. They were tough but kind and fair awarded me basic rate on both sections and i had initially only 4 points . be brave loads of info on net for what to write I got all info pasted to word and printedand appealed by going through each question and the criteria CAB can access this info for you even if they are not upto doing the appeal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.