Turp

Posted , 4 users are following.

After having a turp on the 21st of November 2014 I was having bad urge problems, thinking it was a rather a long time after post op. I went to my doctor last week who did a urine test for bacterial prostatitis, the test proved negative.

he was still convinced there was an infection so gave me a course of anti biotics. a week later ( now ) the problem ( urgency ) have all but gone.

I would never have thought of geting bacterial prostatitis straight after

chronic prostatitis being sorted.

maybe this post  will help others if they have a similar  experience.

kind regards to all.

Howard.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Howard you read so many differant opinions I'm glad you are doing well with the turp yesterday I read a article on a guy that tad one turp then later a more radical turp and had no relief at all them he had a total prostectomy and said all symptoms went away so he warned that in his opinion turp would not cure prostatitis I have had prostatitis for 4 years and trying to concider the right way to go I hope more people comment here
  • Posted

Glad to hear sometings are better. I had a cath in from day of op on a Wed til I got out of the hospital the following Suday. Problems came back, cath went back in for a week. Cath came out  20 mar. 10 days of ciprofloxacin this time so appears to be better. Now have to ream it clean up to 16 or 20 french twice a day, have these Mickey Mouse Matteresses yet. I am a disabled VET, 70 years old and at the VA hospital I am one of the young ones.
  • Posted

Hi Howard,

Glad you got things sorted out, and good of you to make other people aware of your situation.

All is well here, six weeks since my prostate operation. Starting to get a bit of fitness back and hoping to get back on my bike in a couple of weeks time.

Best Wishes

Brian

• Posted

Hiya Brian, I glad you are doing well It's hard to believe what we both went through just a few months back, I don't know about you but I seem to be able to look toward the future now. ( the antibiotics seem to be sorting the urgency out ) thank goodness.

I have to see the Doctor tomorrow ( Monday ) as it seems I have angina, It doesn't rain it pours.

LOL...

kind regards

Howard

• Posted

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your reply, I am in the same boat. I have a heart problem, hence that delayed my operation. 

If you remember I was due to have the operation around the same time

as you.  Anyway keep positive.

smile

Best Wishes Brian  

• Posted

If we were cars we would have been scraped ( not worth repairing )
    • Posted

I had to smile when I read that about " cars being scraped ". At a gas station the other day I saw a young man about 20 with his tow truck that had an old rusty body of a car that I could not even begin to name what it was. I asked, " Gonna scrap that ? " He came back at me, " No way, paid $100 for it but in six months will have it like it came off the show room floor. I will have 1,000 hours in it, about  $10,000 in parts and sell for no less than $75k."  I had to ask what it is, he said 1963 Mercedes is what it will be. I wished him the best.
    • Posted

A wonderful story. Shows what enthusiasm for a project can accomplish.

It is a pity one cannot obtain and fit new parts for the human body as one can with a car! It also shows that, with enough time and money, old things can be restored to their former glory. Alas, many of us have neither the time nor the money.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.