TURP

Posted , 14 users are following.

can someone advise me ...I had testing through my urologist and he said my prostate was enlarged size of quarter of orange I had uroflow testing and ultrasound which showed that my urine is not freely flowing too much urine still sitting in my bladder. I feelbloating feeling most of time. Get up during the night to release urine but tend to only release partial amounts ....

i am not sure about the surgery......I asked abou medications and he said in my case he didn't think they would work due to size of enlargement ....

please ser guide me someone 

Darryl 

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Darryl     its me again.  Please do not do the surgery.  Don't let the urologist talk you into it. They like to push it  Do the meds first and see if they will work.  Please.....Ken

• Posted

I would at least suggest a second opinion for Darryl.   Medications apparently work for some.  For me, I tried Flomax and my blood pressure dropped rapidly to a dangerous level (65/35 when the EMTs arrived.)

Doing nothing is not a good option either.  Ending up with failed kidneys and bladder is to be avoidedconfused

• Posted

Im not saying do nothing.  Try the meds first.  If they work that good.  Then you don't need the surgery.  If not then look up other procedure.  The have be some good out of it but thee are the horror storys that you have to have it again and again.  Once is enough.  Al look at the side effect.  Some men ae ok with retro but others don't like it And they just give up on sex because it's not the same...Ken . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.