Turp

Posted , 11 users are following.

Let's hear some positive stuff,lm starting to feel like a used car.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had TURP in Jan 2016.  Best decision I ever made.  No problems at all and it solved all my issues with BPH.  I considered all the options and chose TURP as it had the best long term success probability,
    • Posted

I'm glad it worked as it should.

Which country are you in?

• Posted

From a previous post you said the median lobe was the problem so your surgeon did well as that is the area where RE is mostly caused. 
  • Posted

had turp seven plus weeks ago. saw doctor at six weeks and still peeing often. doctor was surprised, he though i would have seen improvement, said to come back in three months.  But have seen much improvement in the last week. so don

had turp seven plus weeks ago, was told i would have results in six weeks, doctor was surprised i did not, got discouraged, but real improvement a week ago. so be patient, and good luck!

• Posted

Bill,

Even though the prostate obstruction may have been reduced, the bladder has to be retrained. It is still used to going frequently. Takes time for this to resolve. Ask your doctor about bladder training and look at PTNS (look this up on the internet). I am going through both procedures now.

This all takes time...

Tom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.