TURP...MINI TURP

Posted , 4 users are following.

What is the difference between a TURP and MINI TURP. anyone know? ( please )

kind regards

Howard.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Howard;  I would also be interested as I have never heard of a mini turp. 
  • Posted

From What I googled it seems that a mini turp clears just the obstruction but leaves enough prostate to do Brachytherapy if cancer is present. The videos on you tube that show both the turp and mini turp look the same. ( I may be wrong )

If we all just googled for answers then there would be no point belonging to this forum,

plus the fact there are so many different answers that contradict on google.

kind regards

Howard

• Posted

If you Google you will find urology web sites that describe the procedure.
    • Posted

Mini TURP was recently discussed on this Forum.

Happy New Year and may the flow be with you.

• Posted

I must have missed it, A happy New Year to you and your family.

kind regards

Howard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.