Turp Recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Went for TURP today (October 1st) because I felt I could not wait 'till the 8th and the doctor had a cancellation on the 1st to fit me in. I told everyone I quit baby aspirin 5 days prior when the requirement is really 7 days.

As I sit here typing, I'm bleeding like a pig.

Moral: Don't mess with 81 mg aspirin if you're getting TURPED.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My doctor told me to stop all supplements, including multi-vitamins, a week before my surgery.

• Posted

Mine too. I didn't realize it until 5 days prior that an energy drink I drink sometimes also has a decent amount of vitamins in it. Fortunately I didn't have more than the expected amount of bleeding.

• Posted

It take about 5 days for aspirin to leave the body so your problem is just healing likely.

• Posted

"Bleeding like pig" brought back recent memories of me visiting a new optometrist shortly after having a Foley cath removed post-TURP. I had packed my underwear with paper towels but had no idea I'd dribble blood and clots for 3 hours during which I sat in an eye exam chair. My urologist said in the relative sense, it's not that much blood. Well, it was for me!

• Posted

My new optometrist is part of a learning university so my exam was extended as the graduate students evaluated part of my eyesight then the doctor came in to review and give feedback.I had no idea it would take so long!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.