TURP retrograde ejaculation

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had TURP done 3 weeks ago and now I’m reading I may not      have ejaculation ?

I haven’t had sec yet but I have gotten an erection and had precum from just touching my penis, I have not masterbated to orgasm yet because it hasn’t been 6 weeks as the urologist instructed .

My question is precum a good sign I might have ejaculation ?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Edited

No.

Retrograde ejaculation is not a big deal unless you want to be a father. Your urologist didn't tell you this is a common TURP side effect (50-90% depending on who you ask)? And you didn't ask? Oh well, too late now.

• Posted

I had RE after taking Flomax to help pass a kidney stone.  It IS a big deal.  Sex ends with a very strange and uncomfortable feeling, not the normal climax of orgasm.  I can't imagine having to live with that kind of sexual experience for the rest of my life.

• Posted

I feel the same way.  I was on Flomax & Rapaflo before I have my Urolift. The orgasm was the pits It was like I did noting at all and with nothing coming out.  I felt cheated.  Ken 

• Posted

Well Kenneth.  That's a good name.  When you talked with your doctor what did he tell you about retro.  And what type of Turp did you have there are a few different types.  Did you have a reg Turp  There is only a 3 % chance that you will not have it but that is not good odds.  Can you tell me why did you pick a Turp procedure  If you are getting erection that is a good sign that the nerves were not touch. Most of the time it ca take up to a years to get a erection good enough for sex.    Ken

• Posted

My doctor didn’t tell me anything about sex except don’t for 6 weeks, I’ve never had anything like this done before so I didn’t know the side effects, I had just a regular TURP procedure.
    • Posted

>>Most of the time it can take up to a years to get a erection good enough for sex

? - I believe that is a grossly inaccurate statement.  Erectile dysfunction is not a common outcome for any of the prostate de-coring procedures like TURP, GL/PVP, Holep, FLA, nor for PAE, Urolift, etc.  Erectile dysfunction ?is only associated as a significant (high-ish) risk, with a radical prostatectomy (treatment for cancer). 

• Posted

Good morning Paul  I did read that in one of the article that I read on Turp but it was 6 month's to a year.  On radical prostatectomy they say it can take 2 to 3 year.  I guess it is just what article you read  Have a good day  Ken

• Posted

I didn't have RE after a regular TURP. Don't worry, you will see. All the best!

• Posted

I had RE after TURP and that old story of the climax is still the same is the biggest nonsense I've ever heard of. In my case it was definitely not the same and I wish they we could sue a urologist for telling you that you wont even feel the difference because Ive never enjoyed sex after the TURP and I wasn't even 50 years old. I had the best sex before that dreadful operation.

• Posted

Hello Wally.  I wish doctor would tell you the truth   They either avoid the question or tell you what you were told.  But being they are not having the surgery they are telling you what they learned in school.  You don't need it or it will not change.  I remember when you came on.  I was hoping you would have picked something else .  That is why I picked the UROLIFT.  no side effects.  Being on Flomax & Rapaflo before.  I know the orgasm was the pit's.  I had all the built up but when it hit it went flat. I have heard that some men the orgasm is the same but they say most of the time it is cut to a 1/3 of what it was  God Bless  Ken

• Posted

Yes I had a Turp op a few weeks ago and have experienced RE which is definitely not as good as an orgasm before the op.  I was given a print out from the hospital before the op with all the info which said it would be 90% chance of RE after the op.It never mentioned waiting six weeks before having an ejaculation .

Have had a couple but may give it rest until blood stops in urine as it feels a bit uncomfortable afterwards.

I guess the main thing I have noticed is that you don't get that nice feeling of actually ejaculating that comes from the semen coming up and out of your penis.

Anyway most of my sexually active days as a stud ..haha, are behind me so not that worried something is better than nothing . At least got no cancer involved which if was the case and it had spread, a RE would probably be the last thing on your mind.

Just happy to be peeing again fairly normally and not have anymore (in my case )kidney damage. 

• Posted

Had Green Light surgery in late July. RE is the downside of my surgery. Everything else is great. Urinating like I did when I was 30 and only getting up once a night (force of habit more than anything). My erections are stronger than they were before the surgery. My orgasms are different but they actually feel better just leading up to the orgasm. I still have precum and at the end a tiny (half a fingernail size) amount of cum sometimes. I'm still sexually active at 66 and overall I'm happy with the results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.