Turp surgery complications

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello all, im new here but have been reading your posts for a month now, I dont know what to say, I had turp on May 6th, was in hospital overnight, they took catheter out in hospital, urinated very little was bloody, they sent me home, 4 hours later i could not urinate, went to emergency room and again a catheter was placed, went home called my urologist had me come in a few days later, took catheter out checked my bladder said I was good, was urinating great for about a month, then woke up one morning to go and bam, drips of blood and totally blocked, scared the heck out of me, went back to emergency room, passed out when I was there due to the pain of not urinating, they got a catheter in me again, this time hooked me up to irrigation, and urolgist set up another surgery to clean me out of blood clots, showed on a mri that i had alot, surgery good, stayed in hospital another day with catheter, went home urine cleared up, went back to urologist and he removed and checked my flow, all was great for 2 weeks, now this morning passed a big clot and blood, called urologist said ad long as im urinating and it cleared up i should be ok, so all day was clear up until a few hours ago, just passed another clot, I am do upset right now, i need to get back to work, anybody have any insight or can project me some hope, thank you for reading....

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Ok here's an update, have not passed anymore clots, urine has been the best its been in a long time, urination good, have been

uncomfortable mostly at night with this weird internal burning by my bladder and some cramping, my urologist set up an ultrasound in which i had today, the technician said everything looked good and i shouldn't worry, I have had alot of fear around urinating due to getting blocked up twice, i did pass some debris today wasn't bloody or anything so not sure I'm just trying to take it one day at a time....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.