TURP without RE

Posted , 9 users are following.

OK don't get excited because of my thread title. That said I could swear a few days ago I read on this forum of a TURP procedure that did not effect normal ejaculation. It was called non RE TURP. or something like that Was this being discussed here or was I dreaming? 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the TURP operation earlier this year, February 8th.

I never really had retrograde ejaculation severely. What I did have has now disappeared and the line pressure is back to normal.

The last symptoms or reminders of the operation were back in July with blood in the semen.

All good.

The blockage and difficulty urinating is gone and my bladder is better behaved than before.

• Posted

You say that now it disappeared and the line pressure is back to normal.  What does that mean??  Ken
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. How was the prostae tissue removed? Did you have the old style TURP or was tissue removed with a laser or something else
    • Posted

Grant, Sounds like you're one of the lucky ones  I'm happy for you. 

• Posted

Had my laser turp on July 25th. First 3 weeks was painful as anything i have ever had, but stream is good, voiding well and much to my surprise and amazement, no retro ejaculation. Not as strong as before but still good.
    • Posted

Your a lucky man.  Most of the time when they do a turp they destroy the bladder neck.  Good Doctor...Take care  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.