Turtle skin was gone in 2days. Sunlight did not work for me.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Here's my testimony. I have had this disorder for 3 weeks. For the first two weeks I did what the doctor told me to do... Apply steroid cream and an anti fungal cream. The steroid cream did help with the itch but I also had to take benedryl because the itching was severe. I did not scratch because I did not want scarring. During week two I stopped using the steroid cream because others in this forum said it would lead to more bumps when you stop using it... And that's what happened to me. When I stopped they spread more and they became angry red and very bumpy. I was the worst case of all the Google photos. It covered my mid section front and back, my upper thighs, under arms, and my lower leg. I also avoided the shower as much as possible. During the second week, I only used diaper rash cream to control the itch and soothe my skin. I resigned to believe it had to run its course. Then I tried sunlight at the suggestion of others.... Horrible idea! I only exposed my ankle to direct sunlight for 6 minutes on two consecutive days and it made the skin even angrier, with more bumps, intense itching, and now pain! Maybe it is because I'm African American, I don't know. My story did have a very happy ending though! I decided to try a combination of therapeutic shampoo first then Neen oil soap and what a relief to the intense itching. After my shower I applied apple cider vinegar with the"mother" using a washcloth. I admit, it burned!! I used shea butter to soothe and moisturize my skin when the cider dried. By the next day my skin was still red, but the bumps were gone and my skin was smooth. I didn't have any new patches show up either. I did the same thing the next day and the redness greatly decreased. It is now the third day of this treatment and it does not burn anymore, my skin is smoother, almost all red patches are gone. I can tell that my skin is still sensitive like "new" skin is during a healing stage. I only have tiny dark dots where the bumps were, similar to scabs. I am grateful for the hope I received from this forum and I hope my testimony will help someone else. I wish I had pictures so you could see the drastic change!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm soooo happy to read this. I have been tanning and it seems to be helping butbtonightbi was so itchy, I tried the apple cider vinegar. Will report back on results.
    • Posted

I hope it helps you. A note of warning... The minute after applying the AC vinegar the burn can be intense but subsides after applying moisturizer not lotion.
    • Posted

Oh it didn't bother me. But thanks for the heads up. I am pretty confident this is finally going away. Much less red today!!!
  • Posted

I am sorry you went through this awful affliction, but so grateful for the wisdom of your experience!!!  Can I ask what kind of therapeutic shampoo you used and where to find Neen oil soap?  Thanks in advance!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.