TVT. procedure again?????

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had a TVT procedure about 2years ago I am sacred that it might be loosening and very fearfull. It transformed my life 99 %. I dread going back to how I was. Can you have it done again????

Thanks.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had this TVT procedure in 2003 along with a rectocele repair and have suffered since 14 months after this surgery. They deem if successful if it cures the incontinence with no thought of the pain it causes let alone worsen or cause autoimmune conditions. I most certainly not have any more polypropylene mesh put inside my body anywhere. I have problems voiding and passing urine and would have preferred to stay as I was. I suggest before resorting to this type of surgery let alone a repeat that you ask what the harmful effects are and if it can easily be removed. What is even worse there are only two surgeons in England who have any experiance in removing mesh, so think seriously about this mesh TVT surgery as there are other ways although more costly to the NHS. Also make sure that everything is clearly stated on the formĀ  you sign and that you have chance before surgery and not on the day to study the form you are giving consent on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.