TVT procedure and self catheter

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone. I had the TVT procedure done seven days ago. It was supposed to be a day surgery but I was in the hospital for three days. Apparently my urethra is shorter than average so it was a little trickier to do. I have not been able to relieve my bladder on my own, so I was sent home with cathetering supplies. Every day is getting a little bit better and I am able to release a little bit of my bladder before I cathetar the rest. I just am wondering if anyone else experienced bladder retention and how long it took for everything to get back to normal.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.