Twenty five year old male having pain when ejaculating

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys

I'm a  25 year old male and I have pain from time to time when I ejaculate. Yesterday was a really pronounced pain around the anus and perineal area right as I was ejaculating. Could this be caused by an inflammed prostate? I have no STI's or STD's. But I am sexually active.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If it has been going on for a considerable time it is unikely to be a urinary infection.

Prostatitis whether bacterial or not can carry on for months but would normally have other symptoms (as I have at the moment) .  

Best bet initially would be to take a urine sample to your GP's surgery and ask for it to be checked.

• Posted

Lewis,  I had the same thing for quite a while and it was prostatitis.  It got better and worse on and off for years.  I'm sure the urologist could have something that will help it.  I ended up having a prostate surgery for another issue anyway and it went away. But I wouldn't recommend that treatment it's too drastic.  
    • Posted

it's been present for roughly three years but it hasn't be every time. It's roughly every tenth time or so. Jwb43 for you was it constantly? Or only from time to time? It seems its the only symptom I have.
    • Posted

Louis for me it was only time to time and it lasted several years.  It would hurt for 10 times and then not for for five times.  The pain was exactly as you described.  Good luck I hope you can figure something out that will help.  Like I said the urologist may have some suggestions.
    • Posted

So which type of prostatitis did it end up being?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.