Twice botox, one sphincterotomy, one cauterizing for anal fissure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ever since I've had an emergency surgery 3 years ago, I had been dealing with chronic diarrhea which eventually caused me to have painful anal fissures.

In 2021, I went to see a colorectal surgeon and he suggested botox injection and sphincterotomy. I had an excrutiating recovery and got relief for only a few weeks.

I then found out by another colorectal surgeon that the first Dr had only used 25 units of botox which is why it hadn't worked.

In the meantime, I went to see another surgeon in my homeland who suggested LIS as my buttock muscles were tight as men's and he said incontinence was a very rare complication.

I found this to be a very radical choice I went back to the second doctor in US and she suggested doing 100 units botox and sphincterotomy again.

4 weeks ago, I had this procedure but instead of an incision, she did cauterazation after consulting with her colleague and I should be healing fine.

Well, it's been extremely painful 3 weeks and now in week 4, I'm still suffering with hours of spasms after each BM. So apparently, there's no difference between 25 units and 100 units of botox.

I'm going to wait 2 months and after that, if this doesn't heal I'm going to fly to my country( Turkey) and ask the surgeon there to do LIS. Unlike the 2nd Dr in US says, I can't keep having botox every few months. Coming out of the surgery has become a very difficult process for me and it's costing me so much money. So I want to be done and go for LIS.

In the meantime, I'm using metamusil daily, sitzbath after each bm and rectal cream that relax my muscles. Has anyone else had botox twice with no success?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3218134/

Relaxation of inner anal sphincter - digital self massage and/or use of vibrator (turned off) to stretch and dilate sphincter

intentionally relax and avoid straining/pushing

After 30yrs - it is the only thing that has ever worked - and has been near miraculous

Despite awkwardness/embarrassment of administering this intervention to yourself it is effective and free

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.