Twinge in left side by ribs since gallbladder removal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I had my gall bladder removed 3weeks ago today. I got rushed back in with an internal bleed, I am now on the mend however I have noticed when I take a deep breath I have a dull ache on the left side by my ribs. Also when I bend down I get the discomfort. What is this? Why am I hurting on the left side? Will it go? Tia

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi samfamfa83 well three weeks isn't long after what you have gone through, you are still healing inside after all it was a very invasive operation. Give it at least another three weeks if you are still worried then see your GP but I'm sure you will feel better by then xxx
    • Posted

Hiya

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have a follow up appointment start of October so will monitor it and bring it up then.

Thanks. Xx

• Posted

It does take time to recover from this operation, specially as you had to be rushed back in. Be patient. Hope this settles down

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hiya Sarah

Yes I guess so. Thanks for the response will let you know how I get on xx

• Posted

Hi! It's normal and it'll take some time to recover.

Hope you'll get better soon!

• Posted

Ah thanks. I was rushed back in after I had my op so now panic every little twinge I have thanks for response x
  • Posted

Hi, i experienced the same, as the others are saying it is quite soon and like me you have to come to terms with the fact that they aren't exactly gentle when they are in there so there is internal bruising and healing to mend..... im 6 weeks post op now, the sharp pain when i take a breath has now gone but im still 'aware' that im a little sore inside when i bend but this is also easing - hang in there,, :-) 
    • Posted

Hiya thanks for that. Yeh I'm back at work now and the physical side of it is really telling on me. Lifting children putting beds away etc etc I am done in and a little achey. Wow 6 weeks on I thought would be near enough forgotten about. Thanks for taking time to reply x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.