Twitches, tremors, tingling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey,

I know that these symptoms have already been discussed here but maybe there are some more people that experienced something similar and who can share how they dealt with this frightening situation. Two months ago I got the typical mono symptoms (sore throat, fever). 2 weeks later I already felt much better and thought that this illness was over. However, another two weeks later I first noticed muscle twitches. In addition to these twitches I now also have tremors and tingling all over my body. This is driving me crazy because I have never had something like this. It feels like my body does not want to listen to me any more. Like most of us here I am thinking that there is another more serious explanation for this. Can you describe your experience with tingling and twitches? How long did it last? What did your doctors say? Thank you very much.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

i have my own discussion i started on here asking for the exact same symptoms you are describing. Ive had tingling, twitches all over, muscle pain, sometimes burning in limbs, fatigue, you name it. Ive already spent about $3k in 2019 chasing down symptoms. Ive had every MRI and CT scan and blood test in the book. Even genetic testing lol. Yet only thing i tested postive for is MONO/EBV. I still have muscle shakes or i guess you can say tremors. I still have tingles that come and go and 6.5 Months in my diagnosis the twitching and etc is still here. Ive also had 2 EMGs and nerve studies with a neuro because i thought my twitching was ALS. Ive lost weight too. My energy levels have come back but to this day i am still experiencing symptoms. I hear it can take a year or 2 to even get relief for your body to heal. Mono/EBV SUCKS. With all that said, i suggest you start with your primary doc, then try to see if you can get a referral to a neurologist. That way you can be certain its nothing else if thats needed. Most of the time, without atrophy and complete failure of a muscle, twithing is almost 99% of the time benign. But its still scary. Trust me, i got extremely depresses due to all of this. I wish the healing and god bless.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have seen your discussion but still it's hard to believe that all this happens because of ebv. Especially, when you see all the articles in the internet that say that mono increases the risk for MS etc. I will try to stay positive and hope that we will be back to normal soon.

• Posted

So far all i can say is there is hope. Dont get down. Stay super hydrated with plenty water, get proper sleep too. If you can afford it, every week or every two weeks, find a vitamin b shot near you. You can get them everywhere these days to be honest. I spend about $25 bucks a week and get it once per week. It has really helped me im serious. I do still have twitching though. Also, its not as aggressive as it was the first couple months. Take a good multi vitamin of your choice daily too. If things get worse, go see a neuro.

• Posted

i had it in my left leg ... like little electric shocks dr said it was sciatica as my coccyx hurt too.

the tingling gone now lasted months though but the coccyx pain still there from lying 22 MONTHS IN BED !

• Posted

take a good vitamin with potassium and staying hydrated helped me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.