Twitching

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

if anyone could shed any light on this i would be so greatful.

Im 28 years old never had any health issues, i had my 1st pfizer shot in feb and unsure if these would be related.

i started noticing jolting at first not often possibly every few weeks then in july twitching started in my toes, crawling sensation but visible kind of looked like worms crawling in my feet. went to doctor said nothing wrong ect. weeks went by and the twitches are everywhere eyes,legs,feet,arms,nose, bum cheeks. back to the doctors i go who then order MRI on head and spine. (all clear) blood work taken some deficiency but not to warrant twitching. Started taking vitamins, some days better than others however along came new symptoms slight pain after constant twitching mostly back of legs, popping muscles, burning in one foot and finger, vibrating in my left knee the vibrating went on for weeks then vanished the burning isnt often but the twitches are everyday constantly. im scared to death i have MS or ALS i wish i hadn't googled 'TWITCHING'.

I have bitten the bullet and paid £300 to see a neurologist today 29.11.21 as my GP told me to expect to wait 20 weeks on the NHS, My GP doesnt seem to believe a word im saying as keeps using the words 'This will be interesting'.

Medication they've trailed on me - amitriptyline, quinine sulphate,diazepam,baclofen. The only one that seemed to help (not fix) was Baclofen only draw back was couldn't sleep and very quick weight gain.

I am a Reablement support worker for people who've lost their independence/skills. I will not be getting my second jab and face losing my job in April as vaccines become mandatory.

Any advice will be amazing and to know that i'm not alone because i feel so isolated and been at the point of i can't carry on.

sorry in advice typed out super quick as off to work.

Paige

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

sounds like Benign Fasiculation Syndrome (BFS). I have this. twitching everywhere then muscle cramps almost as muscles constantly twitch. it's not MND as this doesn't present this way. BFS mainly stress related, or perhaps as a result of vaccine.

• Posted

thank you for your reply. I have now seen two consultants who have said its something called myokymia. Not sure how much i believe tbh. i have now had these symptoms 9 months which they become less noticeable then start up again. I hope youre feeling better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.