Twitching calf muscles

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was diagnosed with IGA 2 years old, had really high BP & cholesterol. My BP is relatively good the past 6 months but for the last few months my calf muscles have been going crazy with twitching and my wife tells me I'm jumping and twitching while I'm asleep, my last blood tests were good(3 months ago) potassium levels ok, I follow a low salt diet. Anyone experience this twitching? It's started in my back the last few days

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Twitching and cramps are, I believe, a common accompaniment to kidney problems. May be related to issues with Vitamin D and Calcium ?
  • Posted

Hi,

This is common from stage 3 onwards, I would get your potassium levels re checked though just to be on the safe side as your potassium can also go up and that gives you twitchy cramp.

• Posted

Thanks for the replies, I've an appointment with consultant Thursday 6th of July, my last blood test results had my potassium levels fine that was 12 weeks ago though. The twitching and jerking is really getting worse and affecting my sleep I'm exhausted most days

• Posted

This shows that you have entered the third stage, this time you should go to the hospital to check, to see if it is higher, and if you want to know more information, you can contact me
  • Posted

Do you have claudication. It can happen day or night with chronic kidney disease.

Nothing helped me when I had claudication. Maybe a doctor can prescribe something for it.

Hope my information helps you discover your problem

• Posted

I have been experiencing the same twitching in my calfs as well.  Sometimes it moves around to other parts of my body.  It has been affecting my sleep and I can't seem to figure out why.  Did you ever figure this out?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.