twitching caused by anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

After going through a whole lot of stress I was told I was experiencing anxiety. After that I started noticing whole body twitching. I've had many test from blood work , urine and MRI of the brain. ...all came back normal. Anyone else experience twitching like this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

anxiety does not make you twitch-it could be bacteria affecting the nerve endings-had ME/Lyme 28yrs which is due to Lyme disease
  • Posted

Hi there, I had this really bad over a year ago. Saw neurologist, had tests and nothing came up. He suggested it may have been caused by the antidepressants I was taking (Sertraline, 100 mg), so I stopped them. Movement calmed quite a bit and he suggested residual was just anxiety. Six months later I've been diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome. (This was tested for last year and came back negative). I'm not suggesting you have this, but I do think you'd be wise to ask for repeat tests at intervals. And if you are on antidepressants, it may be wise to research possible side effects. Good luck!
  • Posted

hi JS

could well be mag deficiency.

trying soaking in a nice hot bath with epsom salts...if you take magnesium tabs make sure you keep your calcium balanced too.

i agree with jacqui that often dr s will blame you for their lack of knowledge...they are untrained in nutrition. can you find a naturopath or nutrition adviser?

• Posted

but magnsesium will really help....you can also apply it as an oil. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.