Twitching in diaphragm/solar plexus

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm trying to determine if what I'm feeling is a nervous muscle twitch (i.e., benign fasciculation) or something cardiac like a PVC.  This has happened after high stress episodes three times over several years.  It feels like a momentary twitch or spasm coming from my diaphragm/solar plexus area.  In the past, this has gone away 1-2 weeks after the high stress event.  It's been going on for a few days now.  An EKG I had for a routine physical a month ago was completely normal.  There's no pain/pressure/lightheadedness or anything associate with other cardiac disorders and I can exercise (i.e., run 5k) normally.  The twitch feels to me like it originates in the center or right side, away from the heart.  I've never experienced anything I would term a "fluttering".  The incidence is definitely tied to anxiety (i.e., being worried about the feeling) and if I've eaten recently (I think food passing through the esophagus might irritate some nerves - I'm not sure).  Based off of reading descriptions of both anxiety-based muscle twitches and PVCs it's hard to tell what other people are feeling, so I can't directly correlate this symptom with other individuals' descriptions.  I was hoping someone here could help me out.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have the same thing like something thuds in my chest area and for a sec it takes my breath and after that it gives me anxiety but I can do exercise normal. I've noticed that after I eat a lot I can. Feel the thud 

• Posted

I don't know what that is or where it's located but if your GP cleared everything and said it's Anxiety don't worry it probably is. Since Anxiety can cause alot of symptoms all over our body that mimic real health conditions. Dont panic it could be you are hypersensitive to your Anxiety. Best of Luck to you.👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.