Twitching lip

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello All on this wonderful website,

I have GCA/POLY for nearly 3 years,  I am down to 2 pred a day and have been for the last 5 weeks, and felt ok,

my GP says I should be finished with pred by end of summer?  but that frightens me, the pred are like my comfort blanket, as I am scared it might return.  But would be great to come off them.

anyway, I just wondered if anyone has developed this slight nervous twitch I suddenly have, it seems to come and go, have had it on and off for 3 days now, but have had a few stressful exhausting days, perhaps it's to do with that, I thought I might be getting a Belles Palsy (spelling)??

but don't think so?????

Jersey Royal 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jersey Royal, I doubt very much that you have anything serious going on and that the "stressful exhausting" days you have had recently are the most likely cause.  In the case of Bell's Palsy, I'm sure you would be aware of a more widespread facial problem.

As Beatrice has advised, do taper very slowly from 2mg, via 1 or even half a mg, remembering that every reduction is a higher percentage drop than the previous one.  You've done so well, it would be a shame to rush it now, whatever your GP says.  Some will tell you that the 1mg dose doesn't have any effect - oh yes it does, as Beatrice has experienced.  I reduced by just 0.5mg at a time and then only on one day of the first week, two of the second, three of the third etc.  Good luck and stay well.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.