Twitching muscles and muscle loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a nodule on my thyroid and had my thyroid removed 3 years ago. After about six months after surgery I started working out again. I realized that my muscle started twitching and they wouldn't develope like they used to. I have so many labs done and t4 and t3 are all normal. Potassium and magnesium all come back normal. Now I know that it has something to do with thyroid removal but I don't know where to go from here.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I know this doesn't give you a answe . But I had a thyroid scan it showed compression on the thyroid gland do you know If it means I have nodules or goitre 

• Posted

Hi Tim, hypothyroid disease effects the entire immune system and the hormonal system. Unfortunately, meds are not the same as your own thyroxin, leaving these systems a bit out of sorts. 

You might try supplementing with essential amino acids and some CoQ10 to help alleviate the twitching and low response to exercise. Both of these supplements will support your body’s enzymatic reactions so that you’re metabolism and tissue building get can have a chance to recover. CoQ10 will also diminish muscle cramps while exercising. 

Thyroid id surgery is extremely traumatic to the body and your system will require extra support now that you no longer have a thyroid gland. Also consider a regular regimine of multivitamins (containing coblimated Bs) and a broad spectrum multimineral.

• Posted

I was having some muscle loss and muscle spasms too and my doctor ended up checking my Vitamin D levels.  It;s worth a shot..  I feel 100% better now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.