Twitching of left ear/neck

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I am a 25yo male.

First of all about 10 years ago i started experiencing some weird symptoms in my body. I noticed a twitch in my left ear, whenever lying on my left side and applying pressure to it.

Over the years i learnt to ignore this twitch as it just seems like a mild annoyance and I could avoid it by adjusting my sleeping position. However, in recent years this twitch has started to become more pronounced and occurs in more positions.

It becomes worse when i apply pressure to the left side of my face or neck, and there is always a sense of pressure/tightness from the left ear all the way down to the left side of neck. It feels like this pressure is activating some reflex causes the ear to twitch.

This feeling is also accompanied by red/sore left ear once in awhile. Also, when I get up from bed or bend my head down, I sometimes can hear my pulse "swishing", in the left ear only.

In the past few days this has been affecting my sleep and i decided to seek answers. It is especially annoying because i can hear the twitching as it happens. I am afraid if it could be caused by any neurological disorder or even a tumour?

To add on, the left ear also seems to get "blocked" more frequently than my right ear, but i have not noticed any hearing loss from the ear.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Just bumping this post in case anyone has any clue? Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.