Twitching where gallbladder was

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had my gallbladder removed last Thursday so 5 days ago, everything went fine, had the obvious pain and discomfort that comes with surgery but today I've noticed I'm getting a spasm twitchy feeling where I assume my gallbladder was, it doesn't hurt to much it's just uncomfortable and weird and I was just wondering if this is normal and will it go?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Good that you're ok after operation. and YES! it's normal, well. I've experienced it also 2 months ago i got my gb removed so, i could say it's normal and until now i feel what you've said "Spasm twitchy feeling". There are some days that it was actually really itchy and what we called "abdominal pain attack or gb attack" though you're gb is removed still you'll feel abdominal attacks that occurs specially when it's really cold.So,for me i use pain killers that's what my doctor recommend and warned me just to use it if the pain isn't tolerable anymore. But lately i stopped using it for it can cause harm either serious danger for my liver and colon.

Take Care & Stay Healthy

Anyways, you'll be better

• Posted

I would check with the doc but likely it is just healing. I am not a medical expert.
  • Posted

Can't say I ever experienced this twitching. I had my gallbladder removed at end of April. Still having to be careful what to eat .

Sarah

• Posted

How are you now?  Has the twitching gone?  It sound like it was mending inside.  If it hasn't gone, reply and I'll give you some more info on what it could be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.