Twitchy eyes!

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've had dry eyes and itchy eyes. Have any of you had a problem with your eyes twitching? Like basically a muscle spasm? It's my left eye and it's driving me batty! It happens in the right eye sometimes but it's mostly the left. I have an appointment with my eye doctor the end of March(can't go before then or insurance won't pay). It's been doing this for at least two or three months.  I've had this before and it just quit on it's own, but its' back again.

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi there... I’m 4 years in to the menopause, at the beginning of last year I had that twitching  eye, just in one eye tho, it was so annoying  at times, I use to shut my eye and put my finger over it, trying to make it stop,( didn’t work tho ) and I could feel it twitching, I had my eyes tested last July and all was ok... it would come and go, god knows why, but it just stopped on it’s own, and fingers crossed it don’t come back, it’s just annoying more then even thing 🤗x

• Posted

Hi Juanita, I have exactly the same in my right eye. It seems to be random - will twitch away for days, then stop a bit, come back... I had a full eye test recently and also had a lot of tests as I get very dizzy but it seems there's nothing 'wrong'. I hate for you to suffer but im always relieved its not just me!!

• Posted

I have been peri for about six years now and have had alot of symptoms. fatty yellowish deposits (spots) on my eyelids is one of those symptoms. called Xanthelasma. My eye sometimes begins to twitched alot and its very annoying. Soon after I notice that the spots are bigger. I dont know if its connected but its just strange and such a pain to deal with. 
  • Posted

It could be a strain on your eyes. Do you wear reading glasses. Happened to me i got reading glasses and hasnt happened since.
    • Posted

I'm nearsighted and have worn glasses/contacts since I was nine. So it's not that.

• Posted

It's definetly nothing to worry about. I went to my docs a couple of weeks ago for the very same thing, cant remember what be called it but it will go away. This lasted 3 weeks....grrrr!

• Posted

Thank you all for your responses! You ladies just help me so much!???

Right after I sent the question it stopped. It may start up again but I pray it doesn't. It's been going on for weeks!

I had it before and my eye doctor said it was nothing and it would go away on it's own. He even said it happens to him every now and then.

• Posted

My eyes twitches but not always but I do have dry eyes and I get blur vision and the other day I saw floating spots (white) was scary and a light headache afterwards. 
  • Posted

Dear juanita

Yes I often got twitchy eyes, it could be low magnesium, do you get cramp in legs and painful muscles, my twitching got better after taking multi vitamins but I still get the odd twitch but not as much x

• Posted

I take a multivitamin with magnesium in it. Plus an additional 250mg of magnesium. Like I said once I asked you ladies about it. It stopped! Lol!
  • Posted

Hi Juanita,

I'm wondering how things are going with the eyelid spasm? I too have had this happen to me. It is frustrating because nothing helped(at least for me) I had mine for almost 4 months. It was and still is very embarrassing. The spasms went away for 2 years but now they are back. Only not as bad as before. Doctors really didn't help me.

Wondering if you made it to the doctor and if so, what did he/ she say?

• Posted

Doing fine, just a few spasms ever so often, not constant all day every day. The only relief was when I went to sleep. I had this before about two years ago, and so did a coworker. Not a thing can be done, you just have to ride it out until it stops, and it will. My eye doctor even told me it happens to him sometimes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.