Twitchy Flutters in Abdomen

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else ever feel a twitching fluttery feeling in their belly? Mine is ususally lower left side next to rib. Sometimes my stomach and I always think it's my heart and freak out making it worse. It's driving me crazy. I do suffer from GAD

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's your anxiety! I experienced weird feelings in my abdomen which freaks me out but I too suffer from gad so I'm used to having constant symptoms. Don't worry!

• Posted

Hi

I feel this most days. It's just one of the common symptoms of anxiety and nothing to do with your heart. Anxiety causes lots of wierd symptoms in  your body, none of which will do you any harm. However when your mind is anxious it does tend to get catastrophic about it and build it up into a big dangerous thing (like a heart attack) which it isn't. Iv'e gone to A&E a few times freaking out thinking I was having a heart attack. It was always just anxiety and all the tests showed me that my heart, blood pressure, etc. were all fine. Anxiety does do this to you. It is trying to protect you so it looks for anything that could be dangerous but there isn't anything dangerous. It's just anxiety, which never did any harm to anyone (although it does feel horribly uncomfortable). Try to just sit with it and ignore it as much as possible. Don't try to fight it and don't believe anything it tells you. Just let it be and it will diminish. Hugs xx

• Posted

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it I get myself so upset and start panicking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.