twitchy nerves in TKR wounds after 18months

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had L TKR in June 2017 and RTKR in March 2018. Both knees brilliant ROM and functioning well but when I go to bed both knees are "uncomfortable". Feel as if hot but cool to touch and disturb my sleep until I usually resort to using icepacks for half an hour or so and then get back to sleep. Anyone else experiencing similar problems at this stage - I suspect it is nerve endings joining up and starting to fire again but would appreciate advice. No systemic or local signs of infection and no discomfort during the day when I'm busy and out and about but bit uncomfortable when I wear jeans.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

my RTKR was done 2/17/17 . Great job, almost no scar visable. if i press around my knee cap, it feels like a bruise . LEFT getting done 5/23/19 ugh. USING ice is smart. Anything that works is good

• Posted

my RTKR was done 2/17/17 . Great job, almost no scar visable. if i press around my knee cap, it feels like a bruise . LEFT getting done 5/23/19 ugh. USING ice is smart. Anything that works is good

• Posted

It sounds as if it's probably nerve pain, but maybe run it by your GP if it's waking you up?

• Posted

I have problems sleeping until i get my leg into a comfortable position but sometimes wake up in a lot of pain. I have given up wearing my jeans for the moment and am living in loose pants which help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.