Two and a half years of hell

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion


For two and a half years I’ve been in pain. 

- going for a wee and not being able to start the wee, still needing to empty the bladder and not being able to, slow flow, immediate cut off flow.

- painful sex, needing to wee in certain positions, the day after feeling like there is a swelling inside.

- some days not being able to get a tampon in and also tampons hurting

-there is a bulge of skin at the opening of the vagina. 

I’ve been to see a consultant and he says after tests there is no prolapse but I’m sure there is. I wonder if there is a site I could send a photo to for a second opinion?

1 like, 5 replies


5 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi. What type of consultant did you see? You need to see a urogynaecologist. They will deal with bladder and prolapse issues. Can you get a referral for a second opinion? Are you in the U.K?
    • Posted

      Hi Rosa. I am indeed in the Uk. I have been to see the urogyno and he is of little help except gives me drugs and tells me to come back in 3 months. 

      I know my body and this lump at the opening was not there before, I just don’t know where else to turn. 

      Thank you for your reply

  • Posted

    If you aren't happy with the consultant then can you ask your GP for a referal to another urogynaecologist a different hospital? Can you google urogynaecologist in ___ (your area) to see who else you would like to see and reviews. I have found some consultants unhelpful and have been through 3 to get the right help!

  • Posted

    So sorry you are in pain 😢Grrrr. Makes me so cross when medical people dont listen! You could ask your gp to refer you to a womens health physio. They should be able to assess if you have a prolapse and sometimes things can be really improved with pelvic floor exercises. Or you may be able to get referred to a different urogyn via your gp or choose and book system. Ask to be examined standing up as prolapse will be more obvious. Good luck xx

  • Posted

    Thank you ladies. I really appreciate you coming back to me. I just feel like I’m banging my head against a wall and just wish there was an answer. 

    From the age of 17 (I’m now 37) I was diagnosed with thrush and made up in my head pain until 2014 when I saw a doctor and was diagnosed with stage 3 VIN and had to have  a partial vulvectomy due to the years of neglect, I just see the cycle beginning again, 2.5 years of constant and crippling discomfort to be told there’s nothing wrong. It’s so sad. 


Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up