Two bunions done at once

Posted , 8 users are following.

I hv had two bunions removed on monday and a hammer toe pinned omg the pain is still bad hit burning stinging throbbing am I expecting too much too soon pain are only helping slightly x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Elevate elevate above your heart and no this is normal to feel burning and stinging , make sure to take pain pills every four hours and don't let the pain get ahead of you also you can ice behind you knee that might help also , I have had both my feet done at separate times and each surgery was different , it is a painful surgery and be kind to yourself , resting now will bring good results later, thinking of you .
    • Posted

Hello Kim thank you so much for your kind reply it will help me so much because I thought something had gone wrong, I am at my lowest today had a few tears x I am going to do as you said right now, you have made me feel bit better just knowing it's quite normal xx
    • Posted

Aww I am so glad it made you feel better , hang in there every few days it will get better

but if u have any real concerns that your gut instinct tells u doesn't feel right go see a doc or go to emerg. right away no matter how silly u think it is okay ? Remember it's your feet not theirs! Their is a great site on Facebook called "I survived a bunionectomy" and people from all over the world are connecting with kindness and support so u should go there !

Have a cuppa and go to Facebook

Sending cyber hugs <3>

• Posted

I had my op yesterday and am finding the pain excrutiating. But I only had one bunion done and was expecting pain for 2-3 days you've had more done so I guess it'll be worse. The co-dydramol doesn't make any difference so am going to try co-codamol from now on. Foot elevated constantly and using ice packs. What are you using? 
  • Posted

Keep on the co-codomol, they are the best, and keep ahead of the pain.  Yes it is a painful operation but the pain subsides after four or five days.  Keep your feet elevated all the time, that stops the throbbing.  When you move to the loo or bed you feel the difference, pain, throbbing burning sensation.  But it will go.  Best to try relaxing, sleeping, watch movie, anything to keep your mind of this op.  Hope you are managing to get from a to b ok with two feet done! Do you have help? 

You will probably be able to weightbear on your heels after five days, but I recommend a wheel chair.  Especially if you have room for a self propelling one.  I bought one because it was cheaper than hiring.  Later when your feeling better after few weeks, it comes into good use if you want an outing and you have someone to push!

I am six weeks with only one foot done, and progressing slowing.  My foot feels and looks a lot better, but I know there is a long way to go before I'm fully recovered.  Keeping my foot elevated every time I sit down, as this keeps the swelling down.

I wish you well.  Keep us posted on your progress.  There are a lot of people on here who will give you support.

• Posted

I am at the same stage as Barbara - 6 weeks and also only had only one foot done but I wanted to say you must be kind to yourself and surrender to the pain and the tears - dont underestimate the effect of anaesthetic either which certainly made me tearful and a bit odd feeling - it is in your body for up to 2 weeks and is a bad mix on top of pain killers.

Yes its painful and you feel miserable but its part of the process to getting nice straight toes and pain free feet in the future. Keep your feet elevated at all times and keep this website to hand - we will support you all along the way! xx

• Posted

Hi gilleegreen

I had both bunions operated on 9 days ago and today seemed to be the worst for pain. A mixture dull pain and sharp pain where the stitches are. I really hope when the stitches are removed on Tuesday the pain will reduce.

I hope you manage to get some pain relief. Try and rest as much as possible.

Just think it's all worth it once the pain is gone :-)

• Posted

Elevate and keep ahead with painkillers.  First 4-5 days are the worst but I had burning throbbing on and off for at least two -three weeks.

be patient and listen to your body.

good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.