Two days

Posted , 4 users are following.

Oh my two days I just want to just want to hide . My postings are begining to sound like a soap , lol that's a very scared lol. I'm working all weekend to try and take my mind of the dreaded Monday .

Karen xx😦😦😦😦😦

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen, I had my very fist surgery ever on Tuesday 09/05. I'm 33 y/on and had an almost 10lbs Cyst removed from my left overt along with the overt and tube. I just want to tell you that everything has gone 100 times better than I expected. I got home yesterday and trying to recover. Haven't need hard core pain killers except for maybe the first day or two. Like you I was so nurvous I even cried before they took me in but everything went very well and so much better than I thought it would. Hang in there. My only recommendation is read read read about it and follow what people say. I think thats way helped me so much. Good luck with everything, you got this. 

• Posted

Hi yaz I will go through with it I'm just so scared. It's taken my mind of it working, felt like I was getting a cold today so got some first defence on the way to work I don't want to go through this feeling again will post again Monday morning to keep everyone up to date xxx

• Posted

Hi yaz I went through with it but needed to be cut due to the size but so glad it's done. I'm very sore but looking forward to being pampered while I'm off work  . Thank you for all the reassurance it helped a lot   Xxx

• Posted

Hi Karen, so glad you went through with it. Hope all is well with you. Mine was a long cut too. 40 staples to be exact. They were taken out yesterday. Get plenty of rest and hopping for a speedy recovery for you. 

Yaz

• Posted

Hi yaz  I'm still in hospital but hope to go home today had probs passing urine when they took the catheter out that sorted now bowel is being lazy lol  have to say this morning I've woke up feeling so much better  just need to get  my bowels working . Hope your feeling a lot better now , have you had your results back yet xxx

• Posted

Can you try and private message me I can't seem to find you  karen

• Posted

Hi Karen, I'm glad to hear you are doing better. Hope you are home now. I have not gotten my results and I am very anxious about it. I am feeling good. I had my staples removed on Tuesday the 12. Only thin that has me a little worried is a small tiny part did not close. I am still have a bit of a discharge and not sure how normal it is. I have no signs of infection so that's great. I will see how the next couple of days go and if it is still happening I will go see a nurse to check it out. Hang in there. Hope to hear back from you. 

Yaz

• Posted

Hi yaz

So glad to hear your feeling better,my stitches come out Mon at present I seem to be crying for no reason, so feeling low not sure if this is normal . Very tired and can't stand for long periods so hope I feel a bit better soon . Xx

• Posted

I think that might be normal, there were a couple of days I was feeling down and wanted to cry. I know it's hard for you but try to walk at least a couple of minutes every hour. I think that's what helped me a lot. It was hard the first couple of days but I was walking so much it got better and better each day and the tiredness went away too. Hang in there. We will see this through smile

• Posted

Had my stitches out today , I have one small area that's still open so they put steri stitches on  it. Waiting for doctor to prescribe some pain relief to go with the paracetamol  but the day has been better.  No tears how are you feeling now , how long have you got off work they signed me off for six weeks . Xx

• Posted

I'm 6 days post-op. The first 3 days were really tough, but it did get better everyday. I'm at home now. The pain is manageable but I do have a tight, pulling feeling around my tummy, which is numb now. I also have difficulty standing straight. Please share your post-op progress so I know where I'm.

• Posted

Hi ananh  I came home yesterday thurs op was Monday , and yes it was not good  for the first  3 days I do feel a lot better but still have pain just keeping on top of it with paracetamol and trying to keep  the codiene as I'm having trouble going to the toilet. I can't stand up straight it still hurts to get up from sitting  I have stitches out on Monday glad it's over but this is going to take time to feel back to normal  I will private message you my email so we can talk . Xx

• Posted

Hi Ananh, I am 10 days post op, feeling great myself except for the small little part that has not closed. I'm taking it extra easy as the dr. Said it could open, which scared the poop out of me. Have your staples been removed? If so how's it going? Any discharge or liquid coming out? Hope to hear from you soon. 

Yaz

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I'm 9 days post-op today and I felt pretty good. It's a lot easier for me to get in and out of bed now. It also doesn't hurt as much when I cough or laugh. I even went to the coffee shop 5 mins away from my home today. I do have some vaginal bleeding though. They were minimal and the texture is watery bright red. Please let me know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi Yaz, 

I'm 9 days post-op today and I am feeling pretty good. It's a lot easier for me to get in and out of bed now. It also doesn't hurt as much when I cough or laugh. I even went to the coffee shop 5 mins away from my home today. My incision was closed with dissolvable surgical suture (inside) and surgical glue (outside). They need not be removed. No discharge or liquid I can see.

I do have some vaginal bleeding though. They were minimal and the texture is watery bright red. Please let me know how you get on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.