Two days and counting

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all two days and counting been off it, 

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

It's a long road but you are on the right side of it. Keep going and stay in your lane.

• Posted

thanks tim, really found the people on here an the information great. gonna log on here each day to have a wee chat with others in the same position
    • Posted

Hi Jimmy

I hope you have a good day today,... I know one thing for sure, that as the days slip on by...the thought of alcohol gets weaker.. especially when deep inside you truly do not what the drink.

sometimes I find myself thinking about how small alcohol was in my life in comparison to all the other things...the beautiful on going things smile

With all of the heartache and problems I caused with my drinking to other people...I expressed my deepest apologies and made my promises....to correct what Id done wrong to them, and I realized after a while, that I cant make things better in my time...it had to be in thier time...(my oldest kids) when they were ready to trust fully again . even to laugh and joke around like fools didnt come for a long time with them.

So I encourage you to remain as patient with your friends and family as you can smile

It will come.

Have a wonderful day

Clean and Serene

smile

V

• Posted

hi vixxen, 3 days and counting, really nice email, many thanks for it. hope you are well and staying off it
    • Posted

Hi again, today is great !! The snow flakes are HUGE and falling down fast....like in a snow globe . so pretty.

I had my relapse just after Xmas but all in all I had a wonderful year sober in 2014 and am counting the days again just as you are.

It will be 30 days for me on the 10th of Feb. smile and you know.... Every day is a reason to celebrate your sobriety. smile

Much love

V

• Posted

this is my first time as ive just admitted i have an issue. trying to work out how to go about telling my friends that my pub days are numbered, although my main concern is my wife and two boys. theyll be over the moon because a sober jimmy is a nice guy, a drunk jimmy is the guy spending the household income and gererally being an a pain in th ass. 
    • Posted

30 days is awesome by the way, i hope your 2015 is as good as 2014
    • Posted

Oh believe me, over the moon is definately what your family will be. I'm sure you will find yourself a little emotional at times too because sobriety is a huge step in beginning your 'new' life.

smile

So excited for you!

• Posted

thanks vixxxen im gonna post daily, for myself and hopefully to encourage others the way your are for me so ill let you know how im getting on and vice versa
  • Posted

I have my prescription for Naltrexone. I will get it filled and let everyone on here know how I make out on it. I am also on Campral, gotta get my drinking under control.

• Posted

excellent tim come on daily and let us know how your getting on and/or feeling. 

vixxen ye it feels good, now at the three day point, still have a bit of anxiety and looking at why i drink ive other things i need to sort in my life so as it reduces why i feel i need to drink, but your right its one day at a time and for me its day 3, so heres hoping!

• Posted

Woo hoo!!!! Day three.....that's amazing.  I will be watching for your daily report.  Be very proud.

Pat xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Jimmy,

How are you doing today, are you ok, I'm seeing you didn't reply for about 9 day's now.

It's realy not to put pressure on you, It's just that we all would like to know how you are doing.

One of the biggest necceceritys in sobriety is "keep comming back", no mather what, no matter in what state, drinking or not.

We are for sure not here to judge, just to learn and pass what we have learned on to others.

Please let us know,

Escar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.