Two issues of distress have been affecting me suddenly causing fear and upset?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey guys

i hope you are all as well as can be.

to cut a very long story short i am a 26 year old recent civil engineer graduate and working part time.

Recently i would say over the past few years during which i had gone through a lot two issues have been causing me traumatic reactions and stress when they arise. i will bullet them to be more clear:

1. Embarrassed myself and was the laughing stock of the whole school when i first moved to Scotland from Egypt and slapped when i got into a fought instead of punching. i know it sounds silly but when i remember the reaction of the school crowds laughing at me for that it really makes me feel embarrassed and almost want to hide.

2. My sister accusing me of something i have no clue about and she wasnt willing to tell me what it was.

how can i get over these issues and stop them from taking me by the grip of the brain if u know what i mean.

please help they make me go from feeling happy to being totally panicked and stressed.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Adame76,

A monk student and his Zen master were walking along a mountain path when they saw a lady trying to get across a stream without getting her dress wet.

The Zen Master picked her up and carried her across the stream.

Hours later knowing that the monks were not supposed to have any contact with females the student monk could not hold on to his thoughts any longer and said 'Master, why did you carry that lady across the stream ? '

The Zen Master replied 'I put her down hours ago, it is you who is still carrying her'

The moral being, let the past be the past and live in the present moment, we all make mistakes and have regrets about past wrongs but a situation will only become a problem if you label it so. . .

Peace 🙏

• Posted

says it all - will use that myself.. excellent moral

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.