Two months and pilonidal wound stopped healing

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had emergency pilonidal cyst removal surgery on jan 16th, surgeon opted to leave the wound open. My wound appeared to be in good health, slight over granulation completely healed over until two weeks ago. The wound split and leaked continuously, initially half cm cavity it's now 2cm! During this time it got infected, full course of anti biotics infections gone after a few days, but no healing?! It's just stopped. The cavity shows no sign of improvement, what do I do? Nurse says just be patient, there's nothing I can do--why? How? There must be something, I'm so self conscious and depressed lately, I feel like crap 24/7. Any advice? I feel so isolated and humiliated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Suggest promogram it’s a form of dressing which promotes healing worked for me. I went to see a private surgeon as I couldn’t get in with the NHS when mine wasn’t healing, and he said if you were to swab anyone in the area everyone would have some kind of infection. So just keep it clean and also try see a tissue viability nurse smile hope the future is better for you. smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.