Two months with Lower Right Abdomen Pain - What course of action???

Posted , 4 users are following.

It all started on June 25th; at first I thought it might have been my hydrocele flaring up (I have one tiny cyst in right side; discovered 4 years back), it looks normal (did usg). The urologist then gave me 7 days of antibiotics (Ciprofloxacin) for UTI infection but the nagging dull ache persisted.

Then I had a bad bout of gastritis, and later we found that I had - H PYLORI infection (through stool check). I have completed 14 days of antibiotics course (Amoxicillin and Azithromycin) with Pantoprazole (proton pump inhibitors).

It’s been two weeks since the antibiotics course for H P infection, and i still have the dull ache in my lower right abdomen.

When I told my physician he said it'll go away, and might be the case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and prescribed - Mebeverine Hydrochloride... But i still feel the dull ache.

Please help sad 

This is starting to effect my day to day work as I'm always worried, and doing google search always scares the s**t out of me. sad 

* Does it take time to heal from H PYLORI inflammation (or ulceration?).

* Shall I ask my physician for endoscopy and colonoscopy?

* Anyone has similar experience?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi mike03828

Your gut and duodenum will have been ravaged by HPylori although the antibiotics will eradicate the bacteria you will remain sore for a while after....you will have to help yourself by eating plain foods non spicey and fried..no fizzy drinks or alcohol or smoking...take probiotics..ocassionally some of the bacteria will remain so it would be a good idea to have a test a few weeks after completing the antibiotic course...best wishes.....

• Posted

Sometimes HP can come back or not clear up due to antibiotic resistance.  Maybe ask for a retest. The antibiotics may have irritated your stomach as well. Maybe try a probiotic to help restore your gut flora after strong antibiotics. Gastriris can leave you with a sensitive stomach so stick to plain foods and avoid greasy. spicy and rich foods.   

If you have IBS, it does not necessarily go away completely and Mebeverine is well known to irritate your stomach.

• Posted

I only take Kolanticon for ibs,  no p.p.i's, no other drugs but Zoflat for acid,  I try pro-biotic yogurts when I've been ill,  pilates to relax.  That's all. I hope you get this sorted it sounds like it's been rough. 

• Posted

I take buscopan and sometimes nurofen as well.   Most of the time I have long periods of remission and I don't need any medication.  I had a flare up in July but my stomach is much better now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.