Two new questions...

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've got 2 new concerns I hope someone will be able to advise me on.

For past week or so, approximately 5hrs after I take my prednisone, I'm having a "tingling" sensation about half way down my calves into my feet. This continues on through the night until it subsides in the am!

The whole thing starts all over again 5hrs after my next dose!

it's not painful, just VERY annoying and makes me want to keep moving my legs.

2) the last couple days, I've developed a very sore bump on my tongue (which I keep biting) and it's getting more and more painful!

Has anyone else experienced either of these symptoms?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I have the same feeling in the bottoms of my feet early in the morning, sometimes not starting until I get in the tub's warm water. It eventually goes away. This ceased happening at a lower 8 - 6 mgs of pred. It began again when I had my last flare and had to briefly up it to 15 and down now to 8 1/2 mgs. Perhaps Elaine can explain why this happens.

I sometimes get mouth sores but don't know if it is PMR/pred related.

• Posted

thxPeggy....like I said, this is ALWAYS hrs after taking the pred. and lasts rest of afternoon till next am😩!

Sooo strange!

• Posted

I have PMR (five years now) and restless leg syndrome. I don't know if they always go together but I was diagnosed with restless legs syndrome and then the PMR so I wouldn't guess that it has anything to do with Prednisone because at that point I didn't take that drug. Having read many of these posts it seems to me that the two may go hand-in-hand.

• Posted

Ughhh....so much to sort out all the time!....before pmr? after prednisone??..YIKES!

hard to keep up!

• Posted

I forgot to say that my lips are hot and tingly as well!😷

• Posted

for a moment I thought I was in a wrong forum 😃 ... You made me laugh ... I think pred opens up small blood vessels and that can cause different sensations all over your skin... my best guess. I had itch and skin felt dry... It did go away at lower dose.

• Posted

Check with your PCP or dentist - the mouth and lips problems COULD be thrush, which isn't unusual when on long term pred.

• Posted

if I read you right....you are a naughty boy! 😱😂

• Posted

I went back and reread my original post......unintentionally, it DOES sound a bit "creepy"

Sorry....I should have worded it differently!😇

• Posted

thrush???? I've not heard of that since I was about 3yrs old and suffering from chronic tonsillitis!

hmmm, interesting!

• Posted

no worry... I did not see anything creepy in it... just made me cackle spontaneously because it was so "out of character" for this forum.

• Posted

The tongue thing will feel as if it is getting worse - BECAUSE once you start biting a sore place it keeps on. It is always the same.

The tingling thing could possibly be pred or PMR - I get tingling sensations, a bit like an electric shock, mostly in the mornings which would be a few hours after taking pred but also after the morning dose of cytokines is shed in the early morning. They have been around for a long time and no-one has an answer to what they are. I'll worry if they get worse...

• Posted

I may have mentioned this to you elsewhere. About the second or third night after starting pred I felt all night as though "things" were crawling around under my skin. At the time I thought, if this is the worst side effect I'll get from pred, I can handle it. It never happened again. My theory is that the inflammation which had been crippling me for months was finally being relieved and this was the sensation it was causing. Something to do with the tissues returning to a normal state?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.